Taking the Next Step

We have done a bit of preliminary research and both Larry & I think that this trip just might be do-able, so we’re going to take the next step.

I’ve written a letter about the project, and we’ll send it off tonight to one of our pastors to get some idea whether the church leadership would be on board with such an endeavor.

Of course, I’m hoping to hear what I WANT to hear, but if it doesn’t look like it’s a good plan I won’t force it.


In other news, we did decide on a name for the trek – we’ll call it ‘Soles 4 Hope’. It fits nicely for both Hope Chapel and the other charities I’ll be representing.

Also, I was driving on Sepulveda Blvd near home & saw a sign on the side of a local shoe store advertising a line of shoes called ‘Sole Mates’.  What a great name for the folks who’ll be supporting the mission!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s